Recipe by Kimberly from @earthykim and https://earthykim.blogspot.com/
Kim is a foodie blogger who absolutely loves creating new plant based creations to show how easy and delicious vegan food can be. This recipe for blueberry crumb cake is an absolute favourite! The fluffy cake, tangy blueberries and crunchy oat topping is the perfect combination.
1/3 cup vegan butter/margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup fresh or frozen oob organic blueberries
2tbsp flour (if using frozen blueberries)
3/4 cup oats
2 tbsp vegan butter/margarine
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1. Start by making the cake; whip together the butter and sugar until creamy. Then whisk in the vanilla and milk until combined. Fold in the flour and baking powder until you have a creamy consistency. Pour batter into a loaf tin that is either greased or lined with baking paper.
2. To make the filling; if using frozen blueberries, mix together the blueberries with the flour until fully coating then evenly spread on top of cake batter. If using fresh blueberries, then skip the flour
3. Topping; combined all the ingredients till you have a crumbly consistency, and spread evening over the blueberries.
4. Bake the cake at 180 degrees C for approximately 40-45 minutes checking occasionally- check with a skewer to knife until it comes out dry.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before slicing!