By Anthea from Rainbow Nourishments
Anthea is a food blogger and owns a raw vegan cake business in Canberra, Australia.
She loves sharing colourful vegan recipes and creating food for people.
www.rainbownourishments.com or visit Instagram: @rainbownourishments
- 1 cup almonds, roasted
- 3/4 cup dates, soaked in water for two hours then drained
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cashews, soaked overnight then drained
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (use only the thick part of canned coconut cream which has floated to the top of the can)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt or maple syrup
- 3 tbs cacao butter, melted
- Vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 cup oob organic Smoothie Mix Revitalise
- For the base, add the almonds to a food processor and blitz until broken down. Add the drained dates and ginger and blitz until combined. Press firmly into a lined 15cm loose bottom cake tin.
- For the filling, add the cashews, cream, oil, syrup and cacao butter to a high powered blender and blend until extremely smooth.
- Pour out half of the mixture into a bowl. Add vanilla bean powder, mix with a spoon and pour into cake tin. Set aside in the freezer until dry to the touch.
- Add the oob organic Smoothie Mix to the blender with the remaining cheesecake and blend until combined. When the vanilla layer has set, pour berry cheesecake mixture on top reserving about 1/2 cup for decoration.
- Return the cake tin to the freezer to set for about 2-3 hours. Refrigerate the remaining berry cheesecake mixture
- Remove the cake tin from the freezer and remove the cake from the tin. Use the remaining cheesecake to decorate the cheesecake as desired and add fresh fruit.
- Enjoy immediately or store individual slices in fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer up to a month.