Paige is a busy mother of two (under two), living a busy life playing, exploring and having fun with her kids (and of course always cleaning, cooking & baking). Paige is passionate about fitness & healthy living, with a focus on living plastic free. She gets peace of mind with her yoga practice... and by feeding her kids organic food she knows they're getting the very best nutrition..
- 2 cups (240g) whole wheat or gluten-free* flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (200g) oob organic banana (defrosted + mashed)
- ¼ cup (60g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (45mL) honey
- ¼ cup (60mL) nonfat milk
- 1 cup (140g) oob organic frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp (28g) dark chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg whites, and vanilla.
- Stir in the oob organic mashed banana and Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps of yogurt remain.
- Stir in the honey.
- Alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated. (For best results, add the flour in 3 equal portions.)
- Gently fold in the oob organic blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 16-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin cups for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.