By Buffy from Be Good Organics
After recovering from Graves disease with the help of a plant-based diet and lifestyle, Buffy founded Be Good Organics so she could share her knowledge and passion about this lifestyle with others. Since then, Be Good Organics has become New Zealand’s most well loved and frequented plant-based blog, with a global audience of now over 150,000. Head on over there now for more deliciously simple plant-based recipes, and easy-to-understand nutritional information! Insta @begoodorganics or www.begoodorganics.com
- 1 cup oob organic frozen banana
- 1/2 cup oob organic NEW Smoothie Mix Supercharge (kale, kiwifruit, apple, mint)
- 1/2 cup spinach /silverbeet/kale
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp / 1/8 avocado (optional)
- 1/8 tsp spirulina (optional)
- Fresh kiwifruit (diced), more smoothie mix, mint and chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender for 30 seconds until super smooth, scraping down the edges after 20 seconds as needed
- Top to your heart’s content! I love using some more smoothie mix alongside some extra chia seeds and mint personally. You could also add some granola or nuts/seeds to make it extra filling.Notes:
The avocado is optional, it gives a slightly creamier texture and taste, but the bowl is still delicious without (even more fruity and refreshing!).
The chia seeds are also optional, but help to keep the bowl nice and thick especially if you’re taking it on the run.
The spirulina is optional, but adds extra nutrients such as protein and iron. Instead you could also add chlorella, your favourite greens powder blend, or even matcha powder.
Use whatever dark leafy greens you have available (or in the garden) – spinach, silverbeet, and kale all work well.