Whether you are looking healthy dessert ideas or want to take your post workout snack to the next level, this one’s for you! This recipe has been created by Amanda, one of our fans here in Omaha!
This dairy free freakshake combines classic flavour combinations of banana, caramel, nuts and chocolate. It’s packed with fibre and 41g of protein per serve, plus all the goodness of oob organic bananas, with the option to indulge in a drizzle of toasty coconut caramel to complete the picture.
We went dairy free for this one but you can alternate with delicious organic dairy milk + yogurt options which is really tasty too. Make the batches of brownie bites and coconut caramel ahead of time, these can be kept in fridge until you are ready to construct your organic freakshake.
Reduce wasting fresh bananas by keeping some oob organic frozen banana in your freezer, and just use only what you need when you’re in the mood for a Caramel Banana Split Freakshake.
Banana Nut Smoothie Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 cup oob organic frozen banana
- 2 scoops protein powder of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 2 tbsp stevia
- Cinnamon to taste
Pop all ingredients into a blender until smooth and serve.
Banana Nice Cream
1 cup oob organic frozen banana
Blend frozen banana in processor until creamy consistency. Use for freakshake immediately or store in freezer.
Choc Banana Brownie Bites Makes 12 bites
- 2 cups defrosted oob organic banana
- ½ cup nut butter (we used smooth peanut butter)
- 2 Tbls cacao powder
- 2 Tbls stevia
- 2 scoop plant protein powder (better consistency than whey protein for this recipe)
Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth and combined. Pop into a cake tin and sprinkle with dessicated coconut to garnish. Bake 180 degrees C for 10 – 15 minutes until firm to the touch. Once cooled, cut into 12 portions and store in the fridge.
Toasty Coconut Caramel
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 25g coconut sugar (alternatives: maple syrup, honey or agave)
Pop all ingredients into small saucepan and bring to the boil stirring constantly. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken. Once glossy and slightly thickened, take off the heat and allow to cool. Store in the fridge.
- Prepare your brownie bites and toasty coconut caramel ahead of time.
- Chill serving glasses in fridge. Melt 4 squares of dark chocolate and 1 tsp of coconut oil for the garnish. Using a spoon, drip melted chocolate around the rim of chilled glass before coating in dessicated coconut. Drip melted chocolate onto the inside of the glass for decoration.
- Prepare your Banana-Nut Smoothie divide this into the two garnished glasses. Pop these in fridge as you prepare your nice cream.
- Prepare your Banana Nice Cream, and place a good dollop of this on top of the Banana-Nut Smoothie as desired. Balance a brownie bite on the edge of the glass, using some caramel or melted chocolate to secure.
- Time to bring this bad boy home… drizzle with coconut caramel and finish with some chopped nuts of your choice (we used 3 x organic raw almonds).
- The nice cream will start melting into the smoothie along with the caramel and it’s all deliciousness. Devour immediately.